Communications Officer Position
Position: The NRWC is seeking the services of a casual part-time person to strengthen communication and marketing strategies. The position involves flexible working hours and can be located anywhere in Australia. This contractual position is for circa 10 hours per week for one year (maximum of $27 000 per annum), with a probationary period of three months.
NRWC Background statement
The National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) is a collaborative national voice for women living in rural, regional and remote Australia. Established in 2002, the NRWC seeks to ensure better social and economic outcomes for women in our rural and remote communities. The NRWC is a company limited by guarantee with a Board of seven Directors who guide the strategic direction and governance duties of the organisation.
Further information can be found on the website: www.nrwc.com.au
Summary of position
The Communication Officer will:
· Develop a detailed knowledge of NRWC, its member organisations, partners, stakeholders and Board and work within the NRWC culture.
· Facilitate internal and external communications and reporting processes as set by the NRWC Board.
· Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently and within a team.
· Improve audience engagement, interaction, awareness and reach.
· Plan and implement the communication and marketing programs.
Please respond in the application with examples of the following criteria.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes and skills:
1.1 Well-developed demonstrated interpersonal skills.
1.2 Experience in developing and implementing strategic digital communication trends and website management.
1.3 Demonstrated experience in public relations, communications and marketing, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
1.4 Demonstrated skills in writing, editing, proof reading, publishing skills including layout and design.
1.5 Knowledge and use of windows, MS office and Mac software applications.
1.6 Demonstrated professional work ethic, including organisational skills, reporting processes, conflict resolution and the ability to meet deadlines.
Additional information for applicants:
· The selection criteria must be addressed.
· Details of 2 referees to be included.
· Provide a current police check, if successful.
· Provide appropriate insurance documentation, if successful.
· Preferred starting date: Tuesday 14th June 2016.
Please limit your responses to a cover letter and a maximum of three pages to address the selection criteria.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 16th MAY 2016
For further information, please contact:
NRWC President Dr Pat Hamilton
E: president @nrwc.com.au
M: 0409 180 164
Please send application to: email@example.com